The forum will bring together regional experts from key institutions in South and Southeast Asia and internationally renowned experts working on new developments in the use of Earth observation for agriculture and food security. In addition, the forum will entertain participation from regional and local institutions engaged in providing and using agricultural and meteorological services, and scientific professionals and researchers. It will will review and assess existing national practices and policies related to drought monitoring and forecasting, crop monitoring and agriculture advisory services, and cross learning relevant to countries in the HKH and the lower Mekong regions.
Deliberations at the regional forum will be divided into multiple sessions focussing on the following thematic topics:
- Drought monitoring and assessment
- Earth observation for climate risk finance decision making
- Agriculture, land use, and crop type mapping
- Earth observation data-supported crop simulation modelling and yield forecasting
- Water resource and agricultural advisory systems