'The Caucasus Research Agenda – a Key to Sustainable Regional Development'
One of the main goals of the Caucasus Mountain Forum 2018 is to formally approve the Caucasus Research Agenda. Accordingly, this year’s theme 'The Caucasus Research Agenda – a Key to Sustainable Regional Development'
encompasses the subject areas covered in the Research Agenda, with a focus on identifying the current state of knowledge in the Caucasus region, key challenges and opportunities, and priority gaps for scientific research and development.
The specific objectives of the Caucasus Mountain Forum are to:
- Review and approve the Caucasus Research Agenda
- Exchange on the scientific findings and practitioner experiences generated since the first CMF
- Enhance the links between research, policy-making and practice in the field of sustainable mountain development;
- Draw attention of Caucasus countries’ practitioners to needs and priorities in research and development for a sustainable future in the Caucasus
- Showcase latest scientifically informed activities fostering progress towards sustainability in the Caucasus mountain region; and
- Promote sub-regional, regional, and international cooperation, exchange of knowledge and know-how among concerned scientific groups working for sustainable mountain development
Scientists and academics, governmental experts and practitioners, donors, international experts, local communities, and interested members of the general public, in particular from countries of the wider Caucasus region.SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
- Hakan Yigitbasioglu, Ankara University (Co-Chair)
- Jörg Balsiger, University of Geneva, Mountain Research Initiative (Co-Chair).
- Mehmed Somuncu, Ankara University
- Joseph Salukvadze, Tbilisi State University
- David Tarkhnishvili, Ilia State University
- Armen Gevorgyan, Armenian National Academy of Sciences
- Raisa Gracheva, Russian Academy of Sciences
- Matthias Jurek, United Nations Environment Programme
- Ramiz Mammadov, Azerbaijan Academy of Sciences
- Kamran Shayesteh, Malayer University
- Azer Garayev, Caucasus Network for Sustainable Development of Mountain Regions
- Nina Shatberashvili, Caucasus Network for Sustainable Development of Mountain Regions
- Nana Tsikvadze, Caucasus Network for Sustainable Development of Mountain Regions
- Ana Abulashvili, Caucasus Network for Sustainable Development of Mountain Regions
- Merve Altundal, Ankara University